Digital Marketing for Schools Includes Reputation Management on Google
Digital marketing for schools must include reputation management for educational leaders. You have to be living under a rock to be unaware of how reputations are trashed in a day, regardless of the truth of online content. Schools need to protect their name, their brand, and their leaders’ reputation.
When your team starts to put their school digital marketing plan in place, make sure they include a reputation management scan. This first place to start is on Google, because that is where most people start their online searches. Below are tips for managing your Google search results.
- Scan the first 3 pages of Google search results – most people don’t look any deeper than that. If someone really has an axe to grind against you, you may need to search deeper.
- Search your name and any derivatives of your name.
- Follow up with a Google search of your organization’s name.
- Delete anything that is negative that you are able to delete.
- Respond to anything that is negative with the truth if there is a place to comment.
If you find negative content about your school or school leaders, the next step is to push the content off the first three pages with search engine optimized content that you create and publish online. This is a standard component of smart digital marketing for schools.
We Can Help With Online Marketing for Schools
This is a very simplistic overview of reputation management online. Want to know more about professional reputation management? Download our complimentary Reputation Management checklist. We also invite you to schedule a complimentary 30 minute consultation with us. We would love to hear about your organization’s goals and challenges. Go HERE to schedule a consultation.
Download the Complimentary
Education Marketing Checklist
About Elevate Education Marketing
Elevate Education Marketing is a division of Elevate Marketing, leading full service advertising agency located in Phoenix, AZ. We serve local, state and national clients including B2B, B2C, non-profit, and government entities. Find out more about our marketing and communications services HERE.